Re: New user objecting to using stolen software
- From: Tor Lillqvist <tml iki fi>
- To: Peter Krueger <pkrueger appss de>
- Cc: gtk-app-devel-list gnome org, Happy Hackers <hh-unix egroups com>
- Subject: Re: New user objecting to using stolen software
- Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 08:41:43 +0000
The complete Visual Studio has to be purchased, but you can
download the command line tools without the graphical frontend for
free from http://msdn.microsoft.com/visualc/vctoolkit2003/.
Please note that this download doesn't include the import library for
the C library you should use, msvcrt.dll. It also doesn't include the
headers and import libraries for the Win32 API, but those come with
the also freely downloadable Platform SDK.
Still, I would recommend sticking to gcc and GNU tools (i.e., mingw
and MSYS). Gcc compiles slower than MSVC, but on modern machines, it
shouldn't matter that much.
] [Thread Prev