GTKTreeView + ListStore + fixed column size

I have an application where I would like to have a GTKListStore with 3 columns.
When resizing horizontaly I would like the middle column to expand (i.e. left and
right columns to stay the same size).  I am using 'Glade' for the setup of the
window.  I am linking with 'libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0'.

Here is what I am doing for the GTKTreeView.

--- snip ---
        list_store = gtk_list_store_new (LIST_COUNT,
                                G_TYPE_BOOLEAN,
                                G_TYPE_STRING,
                                G_TYPE_STRING);
        gtk_tree_view_set_model ((GtkTreeView *)tree_view, (GtkTreeModel
*)list_store);
        g_object_unref (G_OBJECT (list_store));

        // setup the 'Delete' checkbox column
        render = gtk_cell_renderer_toggle_new ();
        column = gtk_tree_view_column_new_with_attributes ("DELETE",
                                                      render,
                                                      "active", LIST_CHECKED,
                                                      NULL);
        gtk_tree_view_append_column (GTK_TREE_VIEW (tree_view), column);

        // setup the 'Name' text column (in red)
        render = gtk_cell_renderer_text_new ();
        g_object_set (G_OBJECT (render),
                 "foreground", "red",           // make the text red
                 NULL);
        column = gtk_tree_view_column_new_with_attributes ("Name", render,
                                                      "text", LIST_NAME,
                                                      NULL);
        gtk_tree_view_column_set_sizing (column,
GTK_TREE_VIEW_COLUMN_AUTOSIZE);
        gtk_tree_view_column_set_resizable (column, TRUE);
        gtk_tree_view_append_column (GTK_TREE_VIEW (tree_view), column);

        // setup the 'Data' text column
        render = gtk_cell_renderer_text_new ();
        g_object_set (G_OBJECT (render),
                                "font", NON_PRO_FONT " " NON_PRO_FONT_SIZE,
                                NULL);
        column = gtk_tree_view_column_new_with_attributes ("Text",
                                render,
                                "text", LIST_DATA,
                                NULL);
        gtk_tree_view_column_set_sizing (column,
GTK_TREE_VIEW_COLUMN_FIXED);
        gtk_tree_view_column_set_fixed_width (column, 100);
        gtk_tree_view_column_set_resizable (column, FALSE);
        gtk_tree_view_column_set_alignment (column, 1.00);              // right align the
title
        gtk_tree_view_append_column (GTK_TREE_VIEW (tree_view), column);
--- snip ---

Can anyone tell me why column 3 isn't a fixed size?