Re: using keys and storing data with a GObject

Marisa DeMeglio wrote:
[snip]
Right now I'm just testing with simple string data,
but if anyone has any examples of how to store a
collection of data with a widget (like a struct), I
would love to see it.

Ummm, you mean like this:

typedef _mystruct mystruct;

/* ... */
{
    mystruct *mine = g_new(mystruct, 1);
    /* init my struct */
    /* ... */

    /* Set my struct */
    g_object_set_data(G_OBJECT(widget), "that struct", mine);
}
/* ... */

{
    mystruct *mine;
    /* Do I have "that struct" on this widget ? */
    if ((mine = g_object_get_data(G_OBJECT(widget), "that struct")) != NULL) {
        /* Use my struct */

Cheers,
                                        -Tristan