Re: Application memory grows uncontrollably and crashes

On Wed, 2003-09-24 at 17:01, Dr. Adrian Wrigley wrote:
Unfortunately, the memory consumption rises relentlessly
until the machine "crashes" :(

There are so many factors that could cause this. Third party libraries
that GTK+/Glib depend on could leak memory, other Widgets that are not
part of GTK+/Glib could leak memory, your own app could leak memory in
case it's not given back to the system and and and. I think that
GTK+/Glib are quite save in leaking memory. This is no guarantee that
this is not happening but that is 'business' (whay of life).

I recommend you use valgrind or memprof to check up what is really
leaking here.

http://developer.kde.org/~sewardj/