RE: Purified gnome libraries???

Has anyone had luck using valgrind with a GTK app? I get
pages of errors
before I get to my code that it hardly seems worth using. Is
there a trick
to using it, or perhaps something is screwy with my setup.

I tried it for the first time yesterday myself.  I did get a few crashes in
Gnome before I got to my application code.  I then realised I wasn't running
the local copy of my app, I was using valgrind with /usr/bin/gnome-jabber.
Perhaps using ./my-app will work for you? It did the trick for me

Regards,
Martyn