RE: Purified gnome libraries???

Has anyone had luck using valgrind with a GTK app? I get pages of errors before I get to my code that it hardly seems worth using. Is there a trick to using it, or perhaps something is screwy with my setup.

Deron

> Just wondering if anyone has run the gnome/gtk/gdk/etc, libraries
> through Purify.  I'm redoing the GUI for the product I work on using
> these libraries, (on Solaris) and when I run with Purify I'm seeing
> lots and lots of problems.  Hundreds of uninitialized memory
> references
> and invalid pointer reads.  I'm also seeing random crashes, which I'm
> attributing to memory corruption from these libs, as when I
> run without
> them (the gui is soft-loadable) and use Motif instead, I don't see any
> crashes.

Probably not, Purify is a commercial application isn't it? Which goes
against the GPL ethic(s).

I think valgrind is the closest thing.

Regards,
Martyn