Re: Events and Signals

Do you have some example about it?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Olexiy Avramchenko" <olexiy irtech cn ua>
To: "Ariel Fritz" <duin tutopia com>
Cc: <gtk-app-devel-list gnome org>
Sent: Saturday, October 25, 2003 6:49 AM
Subject: Re: Events and Signals

Ariel Fritz wrote:

I´m writing an application that receive udp packets. It depending on
the kind of info of the packet I show some messages in Gtk_Label.
But now I´d like to add a menu to my application, and I´d like to
control the menu with network events.
I was thinking to use ItemFactory to make menu, but I cant image how
to control it without mouse or keboard events.
I was taking a look to mailing list and on line documentation but I
couldn´t find information to clear this doubt.
It is posible to use gtk_signal_emit() to emulate a keyboard event to
manage the menu each time that I receive a network packet?
Any help I´ll thank a lot.

You can emulate keyboard events with gdk_event_put() function:
http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gdk/gdk-Events.html#gdk-event-put
You can also search gtk-list and gtk-app-devel list on "gdk_event_put".

    Olexiy