Re: Events and Signals

Ariel Fritz wrote:

I´m writing an application that receive udp packets. It depending on the kind of info of the packet I show some messages in Gtk_Label. But now I´d like to add a menu to my application, and I´d like to control the menu with network events. I was thinking to use ItemFactory to make menu, but I cant image how to control it without mouse or keboard events. I was taking a look to mailing list and on line documentation but I couldn´t find information to clear this doubt. It is posible to use gtk_signal_emit() to emulate a keyboard event to manage the menu each time that I receive a network packet?
Any help I´ll thank a lot.

You can emulate keyboard events with gdk_event_put() function:
http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gdk/gdk-Events.html#gdk-event-put
You can also search gtk-list and gtk-app-devel list on "gdk_event_put".

   Olexiy