Re: ANSI graphics in a GtkTextView Window

--__--__--

From: Matthias Mann <matman matman24 org>

>> and would like to be able to read in a file containing ANSI
>> graphics (*.ans)
>
> What is that? *.ans? A joke? I had never heared about. And
> how i know there is no graphics support in ANSI C.

No, it's not a joke.  Anybody familiar with DOS and/or bulletin
systems would know what an ANSI graphic is.  While not a graphic
in the sense of GIF, JPG, etc, it's a text representation of a
picture sort of like XPM is (yes, I know XPM is a C statement).

>But if you really have such graphics: Can't you convert
>them to jpg or png format? Then you can use
>
>  gtk_image_new_from_file("filename");

If I could find open source source code to convert the ANSI to
a different format, yes, I could.  Except I'm lacking that code
as well...