Re: treeview drag and drop

On Wednesday October 01 2003 18:06 CEST, Federico Miranda
wrote:

3) enable drop on the destination treeview

I'm not shure if this will help you. I don't remember all
details but i did the same some weeks ago and by the first
tries to get it i also had no '+' sign. What was going on?

I had trouble with the struct GtkTargetEntry. The best for
me was to do something like this:

GtkTargetEntry target_entry;

and then like you:

gtk_tree_view_enable_model_drag_dest( GTK_TREE_VIEW
                      (treeview_dest),
EXCEPT:                 &target_entry,
                      G_N_ELEMENTS(target_entry),
                      GDK_ACTION_COPY);

The other thing that is important to get the '+' sign is a
correct working event handler system. The "drag-drop" signal
that is received by the destination tree view can be used
to get the drag datas from source widget. And also you need
to use the "drag-data-received" on destination widget and
"drag-data-get" on source widget. Or do you have done this?

If not, you need to call functions like these:

gtk_selection_data_set(selectionData, selectionData->target,
                        8, dropData, strlen(dropData));

gtk_drag_get_data(treeView, dragContext, GDK_POINTER_TO_ATOM(
                        dragContext->targets->data), time);

Mathew