GtkTreeView & DND: how to get GtkTreePath of focused row?

Hi all!
I like to insert some files and/or folders with DND from one
tree view to another. This simply works fine. But if i like
to drop something into an existing folder (e.g. at path
"0:2:0") then it will always be added to the path "0".
This is normal if i don't tell the tree view where to insert
instead (path "0" is the standard path for my app). And now
my question: how can i tell the tree view where to insert such
things?
I need to know this before dropping will start. And how i see
there is a focus on that tree view row where the user releases
the mouse button. And so my other question is if it is possible
to get informed about the tree view path of this focused row.
I tried the GtkTreeSelection. But this only works if the row
is selected by mouse click. In this case we have a selection
by the drag icon.
Also i tried to use GtkTreeRowReference. But hadn't found
any useful function. And yesterday i browsed hours of hours
in the great Gtk+ API but had nothing found that could do
this. What i did oversee? How to get this damned path?
Mathew