Re: question about pixmap

On Mon, 2003-10-13 at 06:55, stan huang wrote:
 Hello, I have recently learn to put a xpm file into
the pixmap structure in GTK, but I get this run time
warning message which I can't quite understand:

"GDK-Warning:creating pixmap from xpm with null window
and colormap". Any help or comments will be appreciated.

If you are using supported versions of GTK+ (2.2.x),
then just use GdkPixbuf and preferrably PNG files instead
of GdkPixmap and XPMs.

If you are using obsolete versions of GTK+ (1.2.x),
then the message means just what it says - when you create
a pixmap, you need to either pass in a non-NULL window
to gdk_pixmap_create_from_xpm() or a non-NULL colormap
to gdk_pixmap_colormap_create_from_xpm().

Regards,
                                        Owen