-----Original Message-----
From: gtk-app-devel-list-admin gnome org
[mailto:gtk-app-devel-list-admin gnome org] On Behalf Of Jacob Kolding
Sent: Sunday, October 12, 2003 5:07 PM
To: gtk
Subject: Glade and GLADE_HOOKUP_OBJECT

I'm in the process of moving my gui code away from glade
(when interface.c reaches 3000 lines the fun stops)
and I was wondering about GLADE_HOOKUP_OBJECT:

#define GLADE_HOOKUP_OBJECT(component,widget,name) \
g_object_set_data_full (G_OBJECT (component), name, \
gtk_widget_ref (widget), (GDestroyNotify) gtk_widget_unref)

which is called on most widgets that glade creates.

Is this really necessary? What is the reason for all this
ref/unref stuff, shouldn't gtk_widget_destroy be enough?

/Jacob Kolding