Re: updates of GtkTooltips

On Mon, 10 Nov 2003 13:40:59 -0800
Dimitar Haralanov <mitko keyresearch com> wrote:

Hi, the question that I have concerns tooltips and how they are
updated: in my application I have a button widget that displays a
tooltip when the mouse is over it. The same widget is connected to the
scroll event so I can catch the mouse wheel scrolls.
      Besides the other code in it, the scroll callback updates the
      tooltip
with a new text.
      However, this does not work exactly as I would like it to work.
      To get
the new tooltip, the user has to move the mouse off the widget and
then back on.
      Is there a way to update the tooltip right away?

        Well, this was unpleasant!! Someone replied to my post to start a new
thread and totally buried my question!!

        Can any one give me a hint on the above?

        Thanx

--
Mitko Haralanov
mitko pathscale com

Your mode of life will be changed to EBCDIC.