Re: How to force the visibility of a GTK2 treeview row expander

On Fri, May 30, 2003 at 11:58:15AM -0700, David M. Cook wrote:

This is the method I use, but there is one problem: if you want to do an
interactive search it will segfault on NULL values in columns.  So instead
what I do is set a particular column value to -1 and set appropriate "zero"
values for the remaining columns of the empty node.

Well, going back to look at my *own* code I see that this is wrong.  Not
setting anything in the "dummy" child node will not cause a problem because
it will be overwritten anyway when the "expand-row" callback is called.  You
only have to worry about NULL cells in the visible rows.  Sorry about the
misinformation.

Dave Cook