Porting some undocumented, 3rd-party widgets from 1.2 to 2.2

Hello, I'm interested in porting the GtkPlot widget from the GtkExtra widget set from Gtk+1.2 to 2.2. These widgets are apparently used in an application called SciGraphica, although I've never tried it. I've done some relatively simple programming with Gtk+1.2 before, but I'm not terribly familiar with the underlying mechanics of the API. I've read the porting guide (the one at http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.2/gtk/gtk-changes-2-0.html), several times, but I'm still not sure how to proceed in actually modifying the source code for these widgets. The widgets themselves don't really have any documentation other than some source code examples, which are not well-commented -- I plan to help remedy that in the course of updating them -- but it makes it a bit difficult to figure things out. I tried compiling a small test program using these widgets and linked against Gtk+2.2, but I get runtime errors of the form "assertion GTK_TYPE_IS_OBJECT(type) failed" and "specified class size for type 'GtkPlotCanvas' is smaller than the parent type's 'GtkFixed' class size", and of course a segmentation fault. I have a vague idea of why this is happening, but I could use some pointers on porting in general if anyone has any to offer, such as where to start, what to look for, etc. I'm also planning on writing Perl bindings, but that's for later. All this is being done in the name of GPIB device fun, in case anyone cares. = ) Thanks, Dominic Espinosa

Do you Yahoo!?