Re: gtk_tree_view

On Wed, Mar 12, 2003 at 05:00:24PM +0100, Markus Lausser wrote:

I'd like to create a tree_view where the contents is created on demand
(dir browser). In terms: The childs of a node should only be created
when the node is expanded. Its known whether the node will have childs
before it is expanded. Now two questions:

1. Do i have to add a dummy child node if i want the parent node have
   a expander to click on?

Yes, this is how I would do it.  Just append a single empty child node.
AFAIK, the only other way to do it would be to implement your own TreeModel.

2. If yes, how do i insert a dummy node in the tree_model and prevent
   the tree_view to expand it immediately?

The treeview won't expand immediately.  Are you having a problem with this?

Dave Cook