Re: Fullscreen application

You're a star! Thanks a lot Erik. I think this solution will be ideal.

Cheers,

Neil

Erik Simonsen wrote:
This Message Was Virus Checked With : SAVI 3.66 February 2003
Last Updated 4th March 2003

I think the easiest way to do this is to edit ~/.xinitrc and add the
program to be run.  Next time you start X, as long as your application
window is the same size as your monitor resolution, the application will
be full screen, with no title bars or wm garbage.

You can do the same thing using sdl, but why introduce more dependencies
and load.  If it is really just a kiosk environment, getting rid of a
desktop and windows manager will reduce the computing requirements of
your hardware too with no loss of functionality.

i use this same setup for a set top box.  Since I am concerned about
startup and appearance, I also add some commands to .xinitrc that hide
the mouse and give X a black background so you don't get the default X
ugly checkers while the applicaiton is loading.
Let me know if you need more info.

Erik Simonsen