Gtk+ and Windows

Hi,

I am a computer science student which is on stage at INRA (France). I have to
develop a GUI for one of their scientific simulation.

I have choosen Gtk+ 2.0 since it's pretty well done for GUIs.

I have got one problem under Windows using Visual C++ (sorry for that, but
that's not my decision):
I could only make projects of console applications so there is always a console
window in the background. It's quiete dangerous for them because they want to
send freely the GUI to people that does not do computer for their job, but in a
certain way by obligation.
I'd like to know how to make a windows application so that console DOS mode is
avoided. For the moment, it craches when linking. It's may be due to the fact
that I don't provide any winMain function (the general way to do windows apps),
but this may not be the case.

This is quiete important for me, and I hope you could answer me in a some
quickly delay.

Cordially,

J-D Frattini