moving gtklist items within the list

Hello,

   I have a gtk_list that I have populated with calls
to gtk_list_item_new_with_label.  Is there a way to
manipulate individual items within the list once it
has been built?
    For example, when a user selects a list item, is
there a way to move the item up or down within the
list itself.
        item a
        item b
        item c
Say that "item c" was selected by the user.  I have
created up and down arrow buttons next to the list.
If the user presses the up arrow after selecting "item
c", I would like the list to immediately change and
look like:
        item a
        item c
        item b
I understand how to determine which item was selected
in the list, and I have set up the arrow buttons with
some empty callback functions, but I haven't found any
examples on how to move the individual items around
within the gtk_list itself.

I would really appreciate any help anyone can give.

Thanks alot,
David