Re: Gtk+ and Windows

Hi,
the code-layout below has worked well for me so far. In the Project settings for the linker you can switch in-between /subsystem:console or /subsystem:windows . For console main is called and for windows WinMain is called and no console appears. This code template along with the compiler and linker options is also included in my GTK Application Wizard for Visual Studio at http://www.janboehm.de/Misc/GTK_AppWizard.zip, which creates all you need for a GTK Project with only one click ;)

Jan

int main(int argc, char* argv[])
{

   gtk_init (&argc, &argv);

#ifdef WIN32
#include <windows.h>
int APIENTRY WinMain(HINSTANCE hInstance,
                    HINSTANCE hPrevInstance,
                    LPSTR     lpCmdLine,
                    int       nCmdShow )
{

   int argc = 1;
   char* prgname = "STREAM.exe";
   char** argv=&prgname;

   return main(argc, argv);

}
#endif

inra tuxfamily org wrote:

Hi,

I am a computer science student which is on stage at INRA (France). I have to develop a GUI for one of their scientific simulation.

I have choosen Gtk+ 2.0 since it's pretty well done for GUIs.

I have got one problem under Windows using Visual C++ (sorry for that, but that's not my decision): I could only make projects of console applications so there is always a console window in the background. It's quiete dangerous for them because they want to send freely the GUI to people that does not do computer for their job, but in a certain way by obligation. I'd like to know how to make a windows application so that console DOS mode is avoided. For the moment, it craches when linking. It's may be due to the fact that I don't provide any winMain function (the general way to do windows apps), but this may not be the case.

This is quiete important for me, and I hope you could answer me in a some quickly delay.

Cordially,

J-D Frattini