Re: Windows binaries for GLib-2.2.2, GTK+-2.2.2, GIMP-1.2.5 etc

Hi Tor,

I think there is a problem with the new pango lib. After creating a new
fresh directory (c:\local) i put there the following libraries: libiconv
(1.9.1), gettext (0.12.1), zlib (1.1.4-1), libpng (1.2.4-1), libjpg
(6b-1), libtiff (3.5.7), glib (2.2.2), atk (1.2.4), pango (1.2.3), gtk+
(2.2.2) and pkgconfig (0.15). All of them from your new downloads page.

Then I tested them with this little program (hello.c):
#include <gtk/gtk.h>

int main( int   argc,
          char *argv[] )
{
    GtkWidget *window;
    GtkWidget *label;

    gtk_init (&argc, &argv);

    label = gtk_label_new("Hello World");
    gtk_container_add(GTK_CONTAINER(window), label);
    gtk_widget_show(label);
    gtk_widget_show  (window);

    gtk_main ();

    return 0;
}

Then I compile it without an error:
gcc -c hello.c `pkg-config --cflags gtk+-2.0` -mno-cygwin
-fnative-struct
gcc -o hello.exe hello.c `pkg-config --libs gtk+-2.0` -mno-cygwin
-fnative-struct

And when I run it i get this error a lot of times
[Invalid UTF-8] Cannot load module
/target/lib/pango/1.2.0/modules/pango-basic-win32.dll: No se puede
hallar uno de los archivos de biblioteca necesarios para ejecutar esta
aplicación.

English version:

[Invalid UTF-8] Cannot load module
/target/lib/pango/1.2.0/modules/pango-basic-win32.dll: One of the needed
library files for this application can not be found.

Then the window of the program pops up but there is no text inside it.

I use the mingw 1.1 compiler and the MSYS 1.0.7 posix shell in Windows
98

Let me know if you need more information about how to reproduce this
bug.

Lorenzo Gil