Re: GtkNotebook - performance

On Mon, 2003-06-09 at 03:43, Petr Pytelka wrote:
Hi,

I've wrote simple testing application 10pages x 100 GtkEntry on each
page. When I switched from one page to another it is very slow (I can
see redrawing of controls) - takes ca. 400 ms.

I was debugging the problem and it looks like that the GtkNotebook isn't
written the most optimal. Have you anyone investigating the problem ? Do
you think that it is possible to improve the performance ? Any ideas or
tips ?

Can you attach your test case? Offhand, I would not expect slowness
to be related to the implementation of GtkNotebook.

1000 widgets is a lot ... things aren't going to be especially fast
with that many widgets in any case.

Regards,
                                            Owen