GtkNotebook - performance

Hi,

I've wrote simple testing application 10pages x 100 GtkEntry on each page. When I switched from one page to another it is very slow (I can see redrawing of controls) - takes ca. 400 ms.

I was debugging the problem and it looks like that the GtkNotebook isn't written the most optimal. Have you anyone investigating the problem ? Do you think that it is possible to improve the performance ? Any ideas or tips ?

Thanks.  Petr Pytelka