Re: no text dispalyed to a toolbar button widget

On Thu, 2003-07-31 at 02:36, GÃnther Rapp wrote:

The problem is not new we had simular errors creating ncurses menu
dialogs.
There the problem was solved by changing the text after the menu has
been created.
There it looks like assigning a string with non ASCII characters will
have problems to be
NULL terminated in a copy function.
I would try to do this in the same way with the toolbar text first
assigning standard string
and than exchange with my special characters, but I found no structure
definition of the toolbar
item  to assign to stucture element with   gtk_entry_set_text  with a
pointer referenz like to a
combo widget

No, this isn't your problem; there is no issue with copying strings
with non-ASCII characters if they are properly encoded.

Regards,
                                                Owen