launching ssh using g_spawn_async_with_pipes

Hi,

I've trying to launch ssh using g_spawn_async_with_pipes without much success. I can launch other cmd line apps (eg 'cat /etc/fstab'), and seem to be reading the pipe correctly. When I try to read the ssh pipe though it seems to ignore the pipe, and the password request just appears on the command line.

Has anyone else tried reading from ssh, does it do anything odd when talking to the command line. Alternatively can anyone suggest an app which uses g_spawn_async_with_pipes that I can use as an example.

thanks

jeremy