Re: RES: systray icon

On Thu, Feb 20, 2003 at 09:44:16AM +0200, Teet Talviste wrote:
On Wed, 19 Feb 2003, Daniel K. O. wrote:
So the issue is Win32 specific (windowze tray icon)? Maybe this is not the
right place to ask this.
Anyways, try Google'ing for `Shell_NotifyIcon'.

Well, i've read something systray like has been integrated to gnome in
some form, and gaim's win version uses systray. And i'd like to make linux
version of my little prog too, cause dual booting to gentoo... Anyway i
searched through the gaim source code, and i couldn't find any reference
to shell_notifyicon, so there must be a way to do this without involving
that pesky microsoft thingy, which i really don't like. If i wanted to
have used shell_notifyicon, i would have done the whole prog with
microsofts libs. But nevertheless thanks for the advice.

I found it on my first try:  Go to the gaim source code, then the "src"
subdirectory, then the "win32" subdirectory, and then the file
"systray.c".

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/gaim/gaim/src/win32/systray.c?rev=1.7&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup
They use Shell_NotifyIcon.

--