Re: 24-bit-per-pixel limit to Gdk RGB ?

Thank you to all those who helped me with this issue. I now understand bit depths a bit better.

I gave it a shot, and the Gtk one came out very quickly, and looks great. In 24 bpp colour!

I had a harder time with the xlib one, for some reason that I am as likely to figure out as the origin of the Moais on Easter Island, I had to add space every RGB triplet with a leading 0.

Anyway, as a sort of a thank you gift, here's a link to an image I rendered using my c++ class. It is 4 screens wide and one screen high. Feel free to turn it into a desktop picture if you like it.
<http://zeth.ciencias.uchile.cl/~pblackb/1.jpg>
If anyone wants it, I have a higher-resolution 8.6 MB tiff version which I can upload to the above server (my home server is way too slow to serve it from there).
An explanation of the science/math behind this image is here:
<http://ket.dyndns.org/lyapunov/library.html>

Paul