Re: #include <windows.h>,#include <windowsx.h>

On Tue, Feb 18, 2003 at 01:56:53PM +0000, Hammamur Rahman wrote:
Hi, its been a while since i posted last about this subject, but i still
haven't been able to use gtk+ and windows.h and windowsx.h in the same
program.  I have used windows.h and windowsx.h without any gtk+ and they
work fine, but soon as i try to use these header files within a gtk+
program it outputs many error messages.  Is there some kind of conflict
when gtk+ and windows.h and windowsx.h are used together.  Is there a
solution to this.

I will refer you this site:
http://webster.commnet.edu/grammar/marks/question.htm

For example:

Is there some kind of conflict when gtk+ and windows.h and windowsx.h
are used together?

There is nothing about the design of the GTK+ headers or libraries that
would prevent you from including the Windows headers from the same
source file that you include the GTK+ headers. I don't do this often.
There is almost no reason to include GTK+ headers and windows headers
in the same module. If you are going to include windows.h, then you will
lose Unix portability or you will put in tons of #ifdefs, which is ugly.
I have tried including windows.h and gtk.h in the same file and it
compiles and links without errors.

Is there a solution to this?
Given the answer I have given to you, this question is not relevant.

We can't really help you with the vague information you have given us.
You need to be much more specific about these "error messages" or people
are going to continue to ignore you.

Few people here have telepathetic powers.