Re: speeding up GtkTreeView?

On Tue, 2003-02-11 at 19:38, Joop Stakenborg wrote:
I have done a comparison between the deprecated GtkCList widget and the
new GtkTreeView in gtk+-2.0. Loading 10.000 rows consisting of 3 columns
each takes 0.3 seconds with GtkClist and 4.8 second with GtkTreeView.

Hi,

I have the same problem.
Tried gtk 2.2 but no difference.
So, at now I use CList, and I know that in future I'll have to rewrite
it :((
BTW, compare processor load during scrolling CList with 5000 entries
between gtk-1.2 and gtk-2.x.
Below are results from my mail sent at 26 Jun 2002 to gtk-app-devel:

So from my point of view:
CList:
loads very fast on GTK 1.2 and 2.0.
Scrolling takes a few CPU with gtk 1.2 but a lot with gtk 2.0

TreeView:
Loads very slow on GTK 2.0.
Eats a lot of CPU when scrolling.

Below are results.
They are for the same application compiled with GTK 2.0.5.
------------------------------
With TreeView:
Scrolling up and down list.
CPU: