How long GtkCList will be available in GTK 2.xx ?

Hi,

GtkTreeView is useless for applications inserting more than a few rows,
because it is too slow.
The only solution is to use GtkCList.
But the GtkCList widget is deprecated.
So I don't know what to do :((
I don't want to find out that it suddenly disappeared, and I have to
rewrite a part of my application urgently. (... And buy 4xPentium VIII
10GHz - to make this application usable :)

Maybe the GtkCList widget should be left in GTK for users who need a
fast widget and don't need the stuff which gives GtkTreeView?

Regards,

Olaf Fraczyk