Re: preventing moving/dragging of GTK windows

On Sat, Dec 27, 2003 at 01:33:33PM -0800, Stuart Gilbert wrote:
Juhana Sadeharju wrote:

If I use an application which uses the above features, how do I get
the control back? I mean, should the guy in the front of the computer
be respected more than the application programmer?

There are cases when a full screen unmovable window that cannot have
anything above it is completely fine, very important in fact.
Say you have some sort of display screen on a public computer in a
library or something and you need one application to search the book
database but you don't want people to just sit there and play around on
IRC all day.

Even in that case it is still a user (the administrator) and not a
programmer which should be deciding to have the application run
fullscreen.

And he should be configuring the UI to have the application run
fullscreen; putting the logic to run fullscreen in the application itself
would be bad software design - that functionality does not belong there.

Regards,

Filip

--
<sel> need help: my first packet to my provider gets lost :-(
<netgod> sel:  dont send the first one, start with #2