Juhana Sadeharju wrote:
From: milton soto <miltonpsoto yahoo com>

I just need to know how to prevent a GTK window, (that I created)

from being moved or dragged to a different position on the screen.

Recently somebody else asked how an application can switch off
the focus if a window gets focused, and somebody asked for a window
that is always on top of any window.

If I understand correctly, these features can be used to create
very annoying applications. Now my questions:

If I use an application which uses the above features, how do I get
the control back? I mean, should the guy in the front of the computer
be respected more than the application programmer?

As an example: while doing google searches I ended up to a webpage
which opened a full screen browser window. And sure that meant in
Internet Explorer that the "x" (close) button was out of screen. And
then that webpage created a timeout callback which created an
advertisement page periodically, i.e., advertisement came back even
if I closed its window. Only thing I could do was to reboot the MS
Windows XP as at university I don't have a task manager or other
privileges. No application should force one to boot the computer!!

Simply, the IE respect the unknown guy at foreign site more than
the guy who sits in front of the computer or the guy who owns the
computer.

I hope Linux nerds and geeks don't go by-the-book but gives control to
users. This control could be located in the shared libs of GTK.
(And if the application is compiled static, I would not run it at all.)

Regards,
Juhana