Re: GTK+ or Qt

On Mon, 22 Dec 2003 17:57:30 +0530
"shivendra" <shivendra stigp com> wrote:

hi everybody,

This is Shivendra here. I am working for a machine vision system group(
ASTI). Presently our system is running successfully on Window XP but we want
to release the same system Linux based with  its naive look like Windows. I am
new to linux and still could not decide which GUI tool should I  choose for
porting of the application from Win to Linux.

Our original project uses MFC

I hope you have cleanly separated the GUI from the vision backend? In that
case it doesn't matter very much what GUI toolkit you use. Qt might be
conceptually closer to MFC than GTK+.

If the vision backend is also written with MFC, your facing a problem (and
it's called vendor lock-in), because AFAIK, there is no MFC port to Linux. I
think your best option is to (re)write the backend in C, because it's more
portable.

We write our own Image Processing Libraries so  DLL
equivalent concept in Linux is must for our application.

Linux has shared libraries, equivalent to DLLs.

Roland
--
R.F. Smith                           /"\    ASCII Ribbon Campaign
r s m i t h @ x s 4 a l l . n l      \ /    No HTML/RTF in email