Re: Create always on top window

Try
 gtk_window_set_transient_for
will keep the window on the top of the father window

so long
guenther
Keith Maika schrieb:

Hi all.

I'm looking to see if a way exists in GTK+ 2 to create an always on top
window.  I know that this is a window manager thing and my not be
supported, but I can't seem to find a way to even make a request to the
window manager for the window to be set as always on top?  Is this no
possible, or am I missing something.  I tried looking at some example
code (xmms in particular) but couldn't understand it very well.  What it
looked like was that it was either sending stuff using direct Xlib
calls, or using window-manager specific code.  Could someone please
enlighten me on this issue?

If it'll be of any help, my WM is Blackbox, and I have GTK+ 2.2.4 installed.

Thanks

--
Keith Maika
http://kicken.mine.nu:8008/  - Personal Site.

R=I+S  Rapp Informatik Systeme GmbH
       Rosenbühlstr. 24
       D-89182 Bernstadt
       Tel:  +49 (0)7348-7755
       Fax:  +49 (0)7348-6086
E-MAIL  mailto: guenther rapp-informatik de
WEB             www.rapp-informatik.de

PS:
Senden Sie mir bitte keine Anhänge in Microsoft (.DOC, .PPT) Format
Bitte lesen Sie
http://www.fsf.org/philosophy/no-word-attachmentsi.de.html
Please don't send me any attachment in Microsoft (.DOC, .PPT) format
please
Read http://www.fsf.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html