Create always on top window

Hi all.

I'm looking to see if a way exists in GTK+ 2 to create an always on top window. I know that this is a window manager thing and my not be supported, but I can't seem to find a way to even make a request to the window manager for the window to be set as always on top? Is this no possible, or am I missing something. I tried looking at some example code (xmms in particular) but couldn't understand it very well. What it looked like was that it was either sending stuff using direct Xlib calls, or using window-manager specific code. Could someone please enlighten me on this issue?

If it'll be of any help, my WM is Blackbox, and I have GTK+ 2.2.4 installed.

Thanks

--
Keith Maika
http://kicken.mine.nu:8008/  - Personal Site.