API help

dear all,
i came across this api "gtk_widget_get_ancestor()" - but i couldnt get my hands on sufficient details
reagarding the API itself. Can i use this api to get a pointer to a 'window' which is two levels higher(i.e
the current windows parents' parent).
Where can i find details regarding the usage of this function - do we have a similar api under GtkObject
-(something like gtk_object_get_ancestor()??)

Please help.

Thanking you
-partha
parthasarathi s a
Odyssey Technologies
e-mail: parthasarathi at odysseytec dot com
Be more concerned with your character than your reputation,
because your character is what you really are,
while your reputation is merely what others think you are.
                                --John Wooden