Re: API help

parthasarathi s a wrote:
dear all,
i came across this api "gtk_widget_get_ancestor()" - but i couldnt get my hands
 on sufficient details reagarding the API itself. Can i use this api to get a pointer
 to a 'window' which is two levels higher(i.e the current windows parents' parent).
Where can i find details regarding the usage of this function - do we have a similar
 api under GtkObject -(something like gtk_object_get_ancestor()??)

http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gtk/GtkWidget.html#gtk-widget-get-ancestor

You could probably nest one gtk_widget_get_ancestor() in another
to get to the 2nd-up parent.