need advice: "gtk_tree_view slow"
- From: Bert Marco Schuldes <bert schuldes org>
- To: "gtk-app-devel-list-request gnome org" <gtk-app-devel-list gnome org>
- Subject: need advice: "gtk_tree_view slow"
- Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 09:03:34 +0800
I started two days ago to write my first application using GTK,
but I am pretty experienced with C.
I have read about the problems with gtk_tree_view being
Even worse. It takes about 6 seconds for 1000 rows.
Under M$ Windows it takes longer (23 sec).
My application (windows) uses a single-column tree which can grow
easily to more than 1000 entries. Something like "23 secs" would be
- Is this a general problem when using gtk_tree_view, or was the
case mentioned some "special" case?
- should I better use gtkctree, to avoid this problem, even though
THX for advice,
Bert M. Schuldes
1 Narra St.
Tuguegarao, Cagayan Valley
] [Thread Prev