Re: Writing Non-Trivial Programs

 The code/design of gftp is really nice. It shows you how to decouple gui stuff
from functionality.

 Basically, you want to create libs to do all the low level and write a gui to
call the librrary -- lib in this sense does not have to be a.so, but a well
defined interface.

Good luck.

Harring
--- Rick Sutphin <sutphinc bellsouth net> wrote:
Hello,

I am a newbie GTK+ user. I have gone through the tutorial, and fell I
have a pretty good handle on the basics.

But I am having trouble figuring out how to design and write larger
programs. Some googling has pointed me to the Model-View-Controller
paradigm for structuring GUI programs, but I have been unable to find
much detailed discussion on how to implement it.

If anyone could point me to a website, book or maybe even some programs
that would help me to understand the design of GUI programs I would be
grateful.

Thanks,
Rick