Re: mingw32

Thanks a lot, Torri, Alin and Michael,
for your valuable information.

So I should upgrade my system before anything else.

Michael L Torrie wrote:

Definitely use gtk 2.2.2.  I use the packages at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/gtk-win

Got it -- I've downloaded around 47MB from there.

I have a complete mingw32 cross environment on linux that can produce win32 exe's compatible with the runtime provided by the link I
mentioned.  If you want a tarball of it, I'll be happy to post it
somewhere.  It's kind of large (about 33 mb).

Great! Do you have a place to post it?

I've also found that it's pretty easy to hack the Makefile.in and
Configure.in files that glade-2 produces to allow you to take your
glade-produced source code and target win32 and linux simultaneously. Please let me know if you want info on that too.

Yes, I do!

Compiling all the libs from scratch is doable but there are problems
I've run into, so I just use the precompiled (on visual studio) dlls
that the gtk-win site provides.

Michael

Not trying to run into avoidable problems. I'm gonna check it.

Thanx again, folks.
Ed.