Re: mingw32

On Mon, 25 Aug 2003, Eduardo Lütz wrote:

Hi, everybody.

I'm new to this list. I a GNU/Linux user/developer.

Straight to the point: where can I find detailed information on
how to compile a C GTK+ program to work in Windows (crosscompilation
from Linux or anything else)?

I've been developing Linux C GTK+ applications for some time and
everything goes fine.

Now there are people who want me to port some of my programs to
Windows. I experimented to crosscompile with mingw32 very small
utilities without GUI (no GTK). Works fine, they behave in Windows
as the behave in Linux, without rewriting any code.

But when I tried to compile programs that use gtk, it didn't work.
I've read Tor's hints (from his page) and nothing.
I've tried to compile with gcc directly within Windows
(of course, I installed GTK previously). No way.

add in your Makefile the following flags for the compilation (last build
of msys/mingw):
 -mno-cygwin -march=pentium  -mms-bitfields -mwindows

if you do not want the "msdos" window, replace -mwindows by -mnowindows

I guess I don't know how to work without gtk-config.

perhaps you should use gtk 2.2 instead of gtk 1.3, if it does not require
too much work ?

regards

Vincent TORRI

Any suggestions?