Re: GDK Set_Background

Well I think I figured it out.  I call set_back_pixmap prior to any "show" of the windows on
my sample and that is why the backgrounds come out each time I occlude/expose a top window.
When I  do another set_back_pixmap after the windows are up so that I can set the background
to another color, then I get not what I expect (the new color).  I get in this app the original color.

In my other application I get a white background for my child windows which I don't know where
that comes from yet.

Chris

Chris Sparks wrote:
Thanks for responding.  In my sample program, the one you suggested, I have no problems
with the background being redrawn every time I occlude/expose a window on my sample
window.  It is the main application I have developed from the past that is having the problems.
I still need to track down why when I occlude/expose a window on my application window
that it doesn't draw the background.  I looked at the set_back_pixmap calls and my pixmap
isn't null.  Maybe I need to debug it with a debugger and figure out what is going on.

News at 11.....

Chris Sparks