Re: non-interactive drawing area

Johannes Weißl wrote:
Hello,

I am new to GTK and I read the tutorial on www.gtk.org.
I want to use an area in my program, where I can draw things on,
e.g. rectangles or a diagram. It should be non-interactive,
means, the user should not be able to modify the area in any way
(no events). And the backgound should be white.

In the tutorial are examples, but they are interactive and
I don't know if I need the widgets like DrawingArea ...

What widgets do I have to use and how can I draw things on?
(you don't need to answer in detail, some hints and a link
to a manual would be enough ...)

You could draw on a GdkDrawable such as a GdkPixmap/Bitmap/Window
or GtkWindow. The drawing area can be made non-interactive by
simply ignoring mouse motion and click events.