Re: software engineering

How about Extreme Programming Explained.

Well I think besides "general" software engineering stuff what matters is
what methodology you might like to adopt while developing programs.

IIRC Xtreme Programming and UML based design are contrary to each other.

Again sorry if I gave examples of books and not lists.
Archit Baweja