Re: Re: Gtk beginner doubts....................

My application should run on Windows/Unix/Linux OS. I heard that
GNOME is for Linux and not for windows.

Well, GNOME should supposedly run on any Unix, not just Linux, as far
as I know. (For instance, Sun is shipping a version of GNOME for
Solaris 9.)

Is there any Windows version of GNOME?

Only one that runs under Cygwin, and maybe even then only if you also
run an X11 server. I don't know for sure, have never tried it
myself. See http://web.sfc.keio.ac.jp/~s01397ms/cygwin/ .

(Cygwin is a Linux emulation package for Windows, www.cygwin.com)

Is it possible to make my application become OS independent using
GNOME?

<asbestos-underware> Why don't you consider Java?
</asbestos-underware>

--tml