Re: Gtk 2.2.2 : DND!! No API??? help ;-(

On Sunday August 17 2003 07:54 CEST, Russell Shaw wrote:

http://www.gtk.org/tutorial/ch-dragangdrop.html

Sorry! This makes no progress for me. I have this nice
tutorial installed on my hard disc and had read it. But i
found not anough explanation about GtkTargetEntry there.
Do i need this structure to send datas between drag/drop
widgets?

My current try for doing this looks like:

treeView->targetEntry.target="STRING"; // FIXME
treeView->targetEntry.flags=0;
treeView->targetEntry.info=0;

This i did to get a none crashing GtkTreeView for drag and
drop operations. But which values i shoud set to
targetEntry.target and targetEntry.flags?

Then i have:

gtk_drag_dest_set(treeView->treeView,
/*                      GTK_DEST_DEFAULT_HIGHLIGHT | */
                        GTK_DEST_DEFAULT_DROP,
                        &treeView->targetEntry, 1,
                        GDK_ACTION_COPY);

(void)g_signal_connect(G_OBJECT(treeView->treeView),
                        "drag-data-received",
                        G_CALLBACK(ct_tree_drop_cb), NULL);

And now trying to drop to this widget takes no effect. The
callback never starts. I think i need to send datas and then
the callback function will receive the "drag-data-received"
signal. But what i need to do? I thought this will be handled
by using the GtkTargetEntry. Is that right? And if yes, how
to use?

mathew

                    get free software:  www.matman24.org