Re: gtk is grabbing my input, how do I stop it...

I finally figured out how to handle this.  Hopefully it won't break things,
although it's questionable with some window managers.  Deep inside of gdk
there is a client message filter that's looking for WM_PROTOCOLS property
being changed by the window manager.  In this case it was seeing the
WM_TAKE_FOCUS message and calling XSetInputFocus to it's own window.
If I add another filter, and filter out those messages everything works
fine, as far as I can tell...  Since WM_PROTOCOLS is optional I think I'll
be OK...

As far as the embedding being an issue, there's other reasons why I do it.
For example, we sometimes run Xnest on another machine, and reparent the
Xnest window into our own window.  Xnest needs to get it's own input,
we don't want to have to forward the events, etc...

--Al Amaral--

Alan Amaral                                 al amaral east sun com
It's not a Sun product called PCi, it's a product called SunPCi...