Re: Running an exe .............

I tried dependencywalker, and I have 2 questions:

(1) Is there a way to tell it to include a particular directory tree (e.g.
cygwin) so I don'e have to essentially replicate the "keep copying DLL's
until it works" method?

(2) It is complaining it can't find a library called "psapi".  Indeed
"psapi" and "psapi.dll" don't exist on my system (though "libpsapi.a" and
"psapi.h"  are in my cygwin tree).  I set $PATH to blank, and ran my app
using only the DLL's I placed in the app's directory.  It runs fine.  To
be sure this test was real, I renamed cygwin1.dll, and the program
wouldn't run.  Do I need to worry about needing "psapi.dll" or some such,
on another machine?

Joe Orgren
Senior Engineer
Organizational Strategies Inc.
Supporting the Applied Technology Division/OIT
Bureau of Customs & Border Protection
United States Department of Homeland Security
202-927-3967
202-927-2002

gtk-app-devel-list-request gnome org
Sent by: gtk-app-devel-list-admin gnome org
08/11/03 12:00 PM
Please respond to gtk-app-devel-list