Re: Running an exe .............

Orgren, Joseph H writes:
I tried dependencywalker, and I have 2 questions:

(1) Is there a way to tell it to include a particular directory tree (e.g.
cygwin) so I don'e have to essentially replicate the "keep copying DLL's
until it works" method?

Umm, I don't understand what you mean... Doesn't it use PATH, just
like actually running the app would?

Do I need to worry about needing "psapi.dll" or some such, on
another machine?

Sorry, don't know about this either... I don't know what psapi.dll
might be.

BTW, if you are using the prebuilt DLLs I provide, you should *not*
build your program as a Cygwin program. There are no guarantees that
it will work in the long run. Simple programs might work, but then
when your application gets more complex, you might get mysterious
errors. (For example, things like gtk_input_add_full() will definitely
not work, as Cygwin file descriptors are unrelated to the MSVCRT file
descriptors that GTK+ sees. Of course, I might be wrong, and it might
be that usually things still work, but anyway, you are on your own.)

--tml